Program- Major Gift, Will and Bequest
What will happen to my bird, who will take care of my bird, how I go about finding another home? We will help you to the best of our ability.
We encourage you to consider your legacy, will and a bequest to Greyhaven Exotic Bird Sanctuary. In turn you will receive peace of mind in knowing that your bird will be taken care of for their lifetime. A minimum bequest will be based upon the number of birds you have, species, and any avian veterinarian care they may require.
If you wish your companion to be placed into our Adoption Program we assure you that we are committed in providing a forever home which will be selected specifically to suit your companion. You also have our assurance that your companion will share their life with a family or an individual who will provide the love and care they have shared with you.
A Legacy or Gift can be given in many ways to Greyhaven Exotic Bird Sanctuary, such as: money, property and life insurance policies. Regardless of the value a legacy is a living reminder of you and your compassion for birds.
Through a bequest in a will you can invest in Greyhaven and thereby make a difference in the community. The most common way of leaving a legacy is a charitable gift through a bequest in a will by specifying a monetary gift.
- Consider that without a will you lose control over your property and assets.
- Specify a monetary gift or a percentage of your assets in your will.
- Charitable gifts include; cash, stocks, mutual funds, term deposits, real estate, vehicles, art, jewellery or insurance.
- Remember loved ones with a memorial gift.
- An accountant or the Canada Revenue Agency will provide you with information pertaining to the tax benefits of planned gifts.
- We recommend that you seek the advice of a barrister/solicitor, accountant, financial or estate planner in regard to your legacy, will and bequest.
There are various websites available for free that offer general information on bequests, will, and gifts. Basic legal information can also be found for free by searching legal websites.
Disclaimer: We do not support any specific organization, agency or company.
All bequests and gifts remain with Greyhaven Exotic Bird Sanctuary and are not transferable to the adoptive home if your bird is placed for adoption. If you wish to specify in your will as to the division of your assets discuss this carefully with your barrister or solicitor and accountant.
The director of this program is available to answer your questions or concerns. Please send an e-mail to email@example.com or give us a call at (604) 878-7212.
We wish to express our gratitude for supporting Greyhaven Exotic Bird Sanctuary through your generosity and designating Greyhaven Exotic Bird Sanctuary as a beneficiary in your will, providing a legacy or gift.